Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bling Water. (by The B*tch and The Blonde)

When I first heard that Bling Water was the hottest item to hit the club scene, I laughed out loud because it went amazingly well with the idea of bottle service in general. (People buying bottles of $20 vodka for $200 in order to pretend to be wealthy enough to throw money away in the hopes of getting laid.)  See advertising example below:

Well recently, I encountered said item.  I was waiting for my flight back to Los Angeles and decided that I should utilize this 2 hour delay by going to buy a bottle of water from the gift shop.  (My mother always says not to trust the water they give you on the plane.  Why, I do not know.)  So I go inside and THIS is the first thing I see.  $50 for a bottle of water!  Not to mention t-shirts, hats and other paraphernalia covered in tiny rhinestones spelling out 'bling'. (Quick reminder, bedazzled clothes are no longer considered fashionable.)  I was in such a state of shock that I asked if they had ever sold a bottle of this.  The guy replied that they sell out all the time!  




Potential Buyers:
a) Rappers
b) Dot.com Billionaires
c) Euro Trash
d) Bev Hills brats who charge it to the emergency credit card because "...but dadddddyyyy, it SPARKLES like MEEEEEE"
e) Idiots




Lesson to be learned: Perhaps this is why the rest of the world thinks America is ridiculous. We actually  bedazzle bottles of water and sell it for $50 a pop.  (PS--If you own this, I hope you saved that bottle and drink tap out of it everyday in order to get your money's worth.)



1 comment:

Zedism said...

Those rhinestones had better be diamonds.